EU & UK Citizens
As a citizen of EU & UK, in order to obtain ownership of property in Croatia, you need the following:
- Obtain an ‘OIB’ (tax number)
- Personal ID document
- Obtain certificate of land use (Croatian certification: ‘Uvjerenje o namjeni zemljista’)
It is possible to obtain ownership of all kind of property, except agricultural land. These can still be bought only by citizens of the Republic of Croatia.
PROPERTY PURCHASE PROCEDURE
The process starts when You contact us by meeting us, by phone call or by mail.
Let us know your preferences, wishes and financial frames, and we will do our utmost to find property that matches your needs.
We prefer that the planning of the property viewing starts at one of our offices.
Before we go to the property, the designated agent will present further details of the property and you will agree on the terms and conditions by signing a ‘BROKERAGE AGREEMENT`.
With this contract, you authorize the agent to find a suitable property for you and you commit yourself to pay the prescribed fee for that, in case you choose to buy the property.
The Rebecca Team performs detailed control of the documentation of your desired property.
When you choose the property, step two of the purchase process starts:
- The Rebecca agent contacts the seller, confirms the price or presents your offer
- We carry out the final check of the needed and required documentation
- We agree on the amount of deposit that will be paid in order to secure reservation of the chosen property. We further need to agree on the latest date for completion of full payment and handover of the property. A contract will be signed to confirm this. This contract will not need a stamp from the public notary and will normally be signed in our office or at the lawyer.
- Signing of the main contract, and completion of the payment
- Handover of the property
- Property deed in your name
After concluding the sales contract, we also perform transaction of utility cost service for you.